Special Assistant to the CEO
|July 09, 2014 - September 01, 2014|
|Salary Range:||Commensurate with experience|
|Benefits:||Health Insurance, 401K|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Assistant to the CEO|
|Description:||Nanobiosym® is an emerging global nano-biotech company in Cambridge, MA founded by an MIT/Harvard alum and is comprised of a world class team of Directors, Advisors and Strategic Partners. The company is commercializing cutting-edge nano-bio based technologies that address global healthcare needs in both developed and developing world markets. Nanobiosym is a truly exceptional company that has received widespread global recognition. This hypergrowth company allows for unique career opportunities with strong long-term incentives. |
Nanobiosym is seeking a top notch Special Assistant to Chairman, who provides a wide range of operational and strategic support to the Chairman’s office. Assignments are received directly from, carried out for and reported to Chairman, with supervisory oversight from other executives when necessary. S/he will coordinate the activities of Chairman with internal and external affairs, represent the Chairman’s office at meetings when required and appropriate, advise Chairman on administrative issues, provide extensive operational assistance and performs highly responsible management work for Chairman’s office. This position requires exceptional analytical skills as well as extensive experience with administration, communication, internal and external relations. Ideally the candidate should have adequate science or technical background in order to resonate with the technology-oriented company culture. S/he should also be a strong team player with can-do attitude and high ethical standards, and be capable of carrying out multiple projects while prioritizing tasks.
|Duties:||ESSENTIAL RESPOSIBILITIES (including but not limited to):|
• Responsible for oversight of Chairman’s office. Handling high-level contacts, PR and communications. Drafting reports and conducting verbal and written correspondence on behalf of Chairman. Drafting news releases.
• Prioritizing tasks and setting schedules for Chairman. Responsible for daily briefings.
* Manages daily operation of the office, including answering phones, ordering supplies, managing the mail and other projects as needed.
• Arranging and participating in board meetings and conferences, taking minutes, providing advice and following-up correspondence. Responsible for high-level event planning and travel arrangement.
• Providing a strong link between the Chairman’s office and other departments within the company, and between the company and external parties, as a representative of Chairman in dealings with both internal and external communications.
• Knowledgeable about modern science and technology is a plus, and able to state Chairman’s position on such issues. Ability to handle relationship with governments, educational institutes, other businesses and organizations.
• Assisting in addressing inquiries, unresolved problems, errors and ad hoc issues; Exercising considerable judgment in his/her capacity with the responsibility for analyzing such issues, and developing resolutions. Providing information and making referrals.
• Composing correspondence dealing with issues or subject matter in ways that require considerable sensitivity, discretion, judgment, or negotiation in replying to inquiries, and/or presenting or requesting information.
• Maintaining company confidentiality in all aspectrs of the position.
• Conducting research, analyzing and interpreting information, problems and proposals to ensure objective and complete information is provided to Chairman for decision making.
• Performing related duties as to specific assignments.
|Qualifications:||POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS: |
• Strong Writing Skills
• Proficient with PPT, Graphic Designs, Web Design; IT Savvy
• Bachelor’s degree or higher degree strongly preferred. Science, engineering or other advanced background will be a plus.
• Minimum of five years experience in a related field in a startup environment, or an NGO or international organization. Political background or experience in public administration preferred.
• Resourceful and Flexible; A self starter and problem solver; Can work long hours, handle ad hoc issues over the weekends, and comfortable with six days work schedule.
• Outstanding reading, writing and verbal communication skills. Work requires the ability to efficiently write memoranda, correspondence, reports and produce written documents with clearly organized thoughts using fine language. Demonstrated ability to compose correspondence and content materials which often require an understanding of industry-specific subject matter, company standards and/or procedural guidelines.
• Ability to work well under tight deadlines and respond to rapidly changing demands and fulfill efficient follow-ups.
• Extremely organized and highly disciplined. Can manage sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
• Experience with travel and lodging arrangement, as well as meeting and conference organizing.
• Must possess excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and anticipate needs. Must demonstrate capability to multi-task and work within strict deadlines and for long hours.
• Resonate with Nanobiosym’s mission.
• Dedicated to high ethical standards, highly trustworthy and has high integrity.
• Comfortable dealing with and handling confidential information.
• Extremely motivated and be willing to work in a fast-paced, hard-working team.
• Requires flexibility, including hours available to work.
• Possess a positive energy, sense of humor and a can-do attitude.
• Open to direction and commitment to getting the job done.
• Resourceful and ability to work independently and with minimal direction.
• Attention to detail and professionalism a must.
If you feel you best fit our position, please fill out our online application @ http://nanobiosym.iapplicants.com/.
Note: Please upload your cover letter and resume on your application as well.