Executive Assistant to CEO
|August 15, 2014 - September 15, 2014|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Assistant to the CEO|
|Description:||Nanobiosym® is dedicated to creating technology platforms at the interface of physics, biomedicine and nanotechnology and focuses on the commercialization of its disruptive diagnostic technology which will empower people worldwide with rapid, accurate, and portable information about their own health. Based in the heart of Kendall Square in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Nanobiosym® Diagnostics is currently seeking top-notch candidates to help the company scale up and realize its mission of rapid, affordable and personalized healthcare in both the developed and developing world alike. |
Founded by a MIT/Harvard alum the company is comprised of a world class team of directors, advisors, and strategic partners. This hyper growth company allows for unique career opportunities with strong long-term incentives. A chance to work in a high tech start up environment that is focusing its energy and commitment on bringing the power of nanotechnology to bear upon the most pressing issues in global health, energy and the environment.
Nanobiosym is seeking a top notch Executive Assistant to the Chairman and CEO, to provide a wide range of operational and strategic support to the Chairman and CEO’s office. Assignments are received directly from, carried out for and reported to the Chairman and CEO, with supervisory oversight from other executives when necessary. S/he will coordinate the activities of the Chairman and CEO with internal and external affairs, provide extensive operational assistance and perform highly responsible management work for Chairman and CEO’s office. This position requires exceptional analytical skills as well as extensive experience with administration, communication, internal and external relations. Ideally the candidate should have adequate science or technical background in order to resonate with the technology-oriented company culture. S/he should also be a strong team player with can-do attitude and high ethical standards, and be capable of carrying out multiple projects while prioritizing tasks.
|Duties:||• Provide a strong link between the Chairman and CEO’s office and other departments within the company, and between the company and external parties, as a representative of the Chairman and CEO’s office in dealings with both internal and external communications. |
• 5+ years of experience in a related field/startup environment, NGO, or international organization; political background or experience in public administration/public health is a plus.
• 5+ years of experience in managing day to day operations, accounts payables, and wearing multiple hats.
• Prioritizing tasks and setting schedules for the Chairman and CEO. Responsible for daily briefings and calendar management, arranging and participating in board meetings and conferences, taking minutes, and following-up correspondence, planning high-level events and travel arrangement.
• Conducting research, analyzing and interpreting information, problems and proposals to ensure objective and complete information is provided to the Chairman and CEO’s Office for decision making.
• Outstanding reading, writing and verbal communication skills. Work requires the ability to efficiently write memoranda, correspondence, reports and produce written documents with clearly organized thoughts using precise language. Demonstrated ability to compose correspondence, content materials, and news releases which often require an understanding of industry-specific subject matter, company standards and/or procedural guidelines.
• Be comfortable working with and managing sensitive and confidential information with discretion. Extremely organized and highly disciplined. Ability to maintain all employee and consultant files along with other corporate files, contracts and NDAs.
• Experienced in overseeing accounts, and developing internal controls, fiscal policies and procedures
• Resourceful and flexible; a self starter and problem solver. Must have strong project management skills, and meet milestones while managing multiple tasks. Must be extremely organized, detail-oriented, be able to foresee problems and handle them before they become issues, and meet deadlines on time
• Proficient with Excel, Powerpoint, Graphic Designs, Web Design; IT Savvy specific subject matter, company standards and/or procedural guidelines.
|Qualifications:||• Resonate with Nanobiosym’s mission.|
• Dedicated to high ethical standards, highly trustworthy and has high integrity.
• Comfortable dealing with and handling confidential information.
• Extremely motivated and be willing to work in a fast-paced, hard-working team.
• Requires flexibility, including hours available to work.
• Possess a positive energy, sense of humor and a can-do attitude.
• Resourceful and ability to work independently and with minimal direction.
• Attention to detail and professionalism a must.